Effective Ways To Help Stop Thinning Hair
Many people consider hair loss as an exclusively a male problem, but the truth is that hair loss can affect men, women and even children. There are many factors that can lead to hair loss. Heredity is often a main contributor, but a poor diet, health problems and other factors can also lead to thinning hair.
If you are troubled with thinning hair don't despair there are several things you can do to slow down, stop and even reverse the process altogether.
Let's go over a few easy things you can do right away that may help prevent further hair loss and even help you regrow some of the hair you've already lost:
- So much attention is paid to the hair itself that the scalp and then goes unnoticed and uncared for. That is a mistake! Think of a garden, you'll never have healthy plants if you don't have quality ground for your plants to grow with. Your scalp is like the 'soil' for your hair, it needs to be healthy in order to produce a healthy 'crop' of hair. Make sure when you shampoo your hair, which you should do often to prevent a buildup of dirt and oils and residue from hair care products, that you take some time to do a gentle scalp massage.
- Take it easy on the harmful things you do to your hair and be careful which products you use. When looking for shampoos and conditioners you should consider all natural products. Many shampoos still have sulfates in them. These are very harsh chemicals and they were put in shampoo to create foam, but the long term effect on your hair, and your scalp as a whole, can be very serious.
- Go easy on perms, hair coloring and heated styling devices, including hairdryers. Instead try to let your hair air dry as much as possible and if you do want to color your hair wait at least 6 weeks between each treatment.
- Try to avoid hair styles that can break your hair. Things like pony tails and cornrows are horrible for your hair since they will tear, rip and stretch the hair which can cause permanent damage. Try to wear these hair styles sparingly.
- Make sure to keep your hair healthy by keeping your body healthy. Just like with your skin a healthy diet is essential to growing a beautiful, full head of hair. Make sure you get the proper vitamins and minerals. Also drink plenty of water and get enough sleep. We often forget that what happens on the outside of our bodies, such as hair loss, is sometimes a direct result of what's going on inside of our bodies.
- You can amp up your diet by taking supplements. Calcium, in particular, has been shown to help strengthen the hair roots and hair follicles at the scalp which can lead to more and thicker growth.
By following some of these simple steps you can help ensure that you'll keep a full head of healthy, beautiful hair for years to come.
We've learned a lot about our bodies in the last several decades especially when it comes to anti-aging. We now know that some signs of aging are not inevitable. We do have some control and just making a few simple changes to your daily routine you can be healthy on the inside and more beautiful on the outside.
Anti Aging Remedies
... moisturizer, simply mash up an avocado and apply it to your face as a mask for 15-20 minutes. - Apply castor oil to soften your skin and eliminate wrinkles. - Blemishes and aging spots can be removed by applying a few drops of lemon juice on the face. - Your skin is ... (more >>)
Choosing The Best Organic Skin Care Products
... stored and shipped. While many of the greedy cosmetic manufactures, who are trying to cash in on the 'organic craze', make it hard for a consumer to know which products truly are organic and which are not, it's important to remember that there are many fine organic skin ... (more >>)
... warmer, dryer summer months, try applying Vaseline to them daily. Make sure to deeply massage it into your feet. It will keep your feet smooth and soft. Then go treat yourself to a pedicure and get a pair of strappy, sassy sandals, and show of your cute, new pedicure. ... (more >>)